Home > Article > Development of Vaccination Program Achievements in Jakarta
Syora Alya Eka Putri
07 December 2021
The Covid-19 vaccination program in Jakarta has been running for almost a year since March 2021. Initially, the vaccination program was intended for groups of medical personnel and the elderly. Then, gradually, the access of this program was expanded to the general public with certain age groups. Until finally, vaccination can now also be done for other people, such as people with comorbid diseases, adolescents aged 12-17 years, and pregnant women. This shows the progress of the achievements of the vaccination program that took place in Jakarta.
As of December 7, 2021, the achievement of vaccination in Jakarta for the first and second dose has exceeded the target of 124.5% and 101.8% respectively. The total number of residents who have been vaccinated with dose 1 is 11,132,691 people. Meanwhile, 9.103.420 people have been fully vaccinated with the second dose. From the proportion of people based on their ID cards, at dose 1, around 67% were residents of DKI and the rest, 33%, were residents with non-DKI ID cards. At dose 2, about 70% of DKI residents and 30% of non-DKI residents. This shows that the majority of people in Jakarta have participated in the vaccination.
You can also see the achievement of vaccinations in Jakarta by age factor. If you look at the infographic above, it can be seen that vaccination achievements are based on the age group of 12-17 years, 18-59 years, and 60 years and over. For ages 12-17, the achievement of dose 1 vaccination was 137.8% and dose 2 was 113.7%. Then, vaccination for the age group of 18-59 years for dose 1 has reached 125.0% and dose 2 is 101.3%. As for those aged 60 years and over, vaccination for the first dose has reached 102.0% and dose 2 was 91.6%. In addition, there are also achievements of the Gotong Royong vaccination program, with the first dose administered for 226,962 people and dose 2 for 221.259 people.
The progress of vaccination achievement in Jakarta can also be seen by region. For example, in the data above, you can see the coverage of the first dose of vaccine at the administrative city level. In the infographic, you can see that South Jakarta and Central Jakarta are the areas that have passed the target achievement. This is indicated by the dark blue area. Next is North Jakarta, which has almost reached the vaccination target, with a slightly dark blue color to symbolize the development of vaccination in that area. Other areas, such as East Jakarta and West Jakarta, which have not yet reached the vaccination target, are symbolized by the light blue color. Now, from the achievement data, you can find out whether people living in the area around you have been vaccinated or you found out that there are still many who have not been vaccinated.
If you are still curious about the details of vaccination achievements in the district, sub-district, and RT (neighborhood) areas, you can see it from the vaccination dashboard on the corona.jakarta.go.id website, specifically in the vaccination coverage section or vaccination map.
Although we have seen that vaccination achievements in Jakarta have exceeded the target, it does not mean that we can be less vigilant in preventing the spread of Covid-19. Moreover, a new variant of the Coronavirus was recently discovered, namely Omicron, which was first detected in South Africa. Omicron is designated by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a variant of concern because the mutation is more worrying than the Delta variant. Therefore, we need to be vigilant by following the vaccination program and maintaining the 6M health protocol (using masks, washing hands, maintaining distance, staying away from crowds, avoiding eating together, and reducing mobility).
In addition to anticipating new variants, maintaining health protocols after taking vaccinations also aims to prevent an increase in Covid-19 cases towards the end of the year, reflecting on a similar experience that happened last year. For that, let's maintain this vaccination achievement by obeying each other's health protocols, in order to prevent a spike in new Covid-19 cases. So, for those of you who haven't been vaccinated, let's register immediately via the JAKI application, which you can download through Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Seorang content writer di Jakarta Smart City yang sedang menempuh pendidikan Magister Kebijakan Pembangunan Sosial di Universitas Indonesia.
11 May 2021
21 May 2021
08 April 2022
29 November 2021
25 August 2021